Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Humbleness

 When I was a student in seminary, money did not flow into my pockets.  Although I had a job and my parents helped out, I had a difficult time keeping to my budget.  There were times when I would have to sell some books to buy food, and other times when I would go hungry.  One day, I went to my mailbox, and there was a letter from a woman in Houston.  She was a friend of my parents and rather wealthy.  In her letter, I found a check for $500.  Instead of making me extremely excited, I became very reflective.  I realized that despite my financial troubles, I was rich in having someone unknown to me that would care about me.  It was a humbling experience.
 How often do we forget that God is there to help us in our time of trouble?
 Pray that God might be with you in your time of need and trust Him to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment