Tuesday, May 6, 2014

God's Protection

 At my place of work, there is a walk-in freezer, which is a common storage place for food.  The temperature is kept close to zero, and the air is thin.  One night, I was getting some ice from the freezer, when the door slammed shut, trapping me inside.  I pushed on the inside latch, but it didn't work.  A sign inside the door said, "You cannot be locked in", but I was.
 My first thought was not to panic, because I knew that the more energy I used, the more oxygen would be lost.  For more than five minutes, I pounded on the door and screamed, but no one was there to listen.  The cold had made me numb, so the temperature was not important to my condition.  I reached the point where I thought I was going to die.  By the end of five minutes, I was gasping for air and began to hyperventilate.  I sat down on a box of tomatoes and prayed, "God, I don't want to die.  My main concern though is with the cooks that will come here tomorrow and find me dead.  If they find me here, they will be out chasing cars on the interstate."  I tried the door one last time before passing out, and it opened.
 Sometimes we forget that God protects us, as he protected those in Biblical times, but I am living proof that He is still there to help anyone who asks.
 May you trust God to protect you from the dangerous forces around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment