Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Confident of God's Help, 1987

 My love for many years has been the Theatre.  I have acted in many plays, as well as written and directed them.  The awards have come and the accolades have been many.  My need for constant perfection in my work has given me great respect amongst my colleagues.  I know that I am good, and the audience gets a good show when they see me.
 To read this, you might think that my ego is inflated, and my nose is stuck in the air, but this is not the case.  I have given God the credit in all that I do, and I know that He is with me on the stage.  For the last 15 years of stage work, I have said a prayer before each performance.  The words are the same each time, but the feeling of being filled with God's love is special.  I know the lines, and what I must do on stage, but I get the peace that God will help me do the best job that I can do.  After each performance, whether personally satisfying or not, I say, "Thank you, Lord".
 May you feel the peace in your life that only God can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment