Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Goodbye Sorrow, 2009

From the moment I first saw you
Till the day you went away,
I was thinking about our sorrows
And I was thinking about the light.

I was thinking about tomorrow,
And I was thinking about today,
I was thinking how you left me,
And I was thinking the same way.

I was thinking about a moment
I was thinking about the past,
I was thinking how you told me
That nothing was going to last.

I was thinking about the darkness
And I was thinking about the hate,
I was thinking about the good stuff,
And you told me not to wait.

I was thinking about my life,
And how it will end...
I was thinking about tomorrow,
And thinking how it would end...

Then I saw you coming back,
Running toward me fast
And my heart began racing,
As I knew you were coming back.

And you ran past me,
As I called out your name
And you smiled and kept on running
As I knew you heard me call,
But you just kept on going,
And I watched you run away.

And you just got me thinking
About where you were going to,
And I thought about following,
But I knew I couldn't go,
Because you were going somewhere
That I didn't want to go right now,
It was you that kept me hoping
And it was you that wanted me to end...
Not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment