Sunday, November 3, 2013

Another Look at my Poetry at the Present Time, 1974

 In the last report on my poetry, I talked about loneliness and a feeling of thinking about death.  One thing that I thought that I should talk about is another aspect of poetry that I have developed--SAS.
 SAS stands for Serious Anti-Symbolism.  This idea means that the words, that I use in my poetry, usually do not have any great, symbolic meaning.  Many times, people try to read into someone's poetry, just to satisfy their own desires.  My poetry is usually straight-forward with no underlying meanings.  Recently, the titles of my poems have been greatly symbolic, so keep that in mind.  But, if I say something about Death, then I mean Death and not some far-out philosophy.
 I talk in riddles, many times, so much of what I write may seem symbolic, but it's not.  Perhaps, the reader needs to know something about me to understand my poems.  You'll have to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment