Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The World (part 1), 1969

I was listening to the news today,
Not all of it was happy and gay,
I heard of wars in the Middle East,
And it turned out to be a blood feast.


I heard about a war in Vietnam,
Where the land is anything but calm,
40,000 men have died from here,
Parents are shedding many tears.


I heard about starvation and people that are sick,
Oh, I wish I could give myself a good swift kick,
Why doesn't anybody care,
It just isn't fair.


If we, the people, could do something about it,
Everyone do just a little bit,
The world would be a better place,
That we, the people, could stand and face.


We have problems with land, water, and air,
In a few years, people on this earth will be rare,
If there are no problems, then I lie,
Because at the rate this world is going, we are going to DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment