Monday, November 24, 2014

Sunday Night--FBC, 1982

Bennie.     Good evening, everybody.  Tonight, y'all are in for a real treat.  We're going to tell about
                  the Singles Mission Trip that we went on last week.


Herman.    Hey, Bennie.  What's going on?  Who...Who are these people?


Bennie.     Herman, don't you recognize them?


Herman.    No, I've never seen them before.


Bennie.     These people are from First Baptist.


Herman.    Is that where we are now?


Bennie.     Of course it is, Herman.  You're a member here, too.  Remember?


Herman.    No.  I can't think.  I just got back from Tennessee.


Bennie.     So did I.


Herman.    Were you there?  I don't remember.


Bennie.     Of course I was there.


George.     Hi guys.


Bennie.     Hi, George.


George.    Where's Laverne?


Herman.   Who?


Bennie.     Laverne went with us to Tennessee last week.


Herman.   I don't remember her.


George.    Bennie, what's wrong with Herman?


Bennie.    He's burned out.


George.    Oh.  So where's Laverne?


Bennie.    She enjoyed our missions trip so much that she decided to stay another week.


Herman.   Who are y'all talking about?


Bennie.     Laverne!


Herman.   Oh, I've heard of her before.  Who is she?


Bennie.    Skip it.


George.   So, why is Herman burned out?


Bennie.   He didn't get enough sleep.


Herman.  Yeah, but I think I had fun doing Bible School.


George.    We all had fun, but most of all we learned a lot about ourselves and other people.


Bennie.    That's right.  But you know what, guys?  We weren't the only ones that went.  There's
                 a bunch more sitting out there.


George.    I wish they'd stand up.


Herman.   If they felt like me, they might not want to stand up.


Bennie.    Sure they will if we ask them.


George.   Will all those people who went to Tennessee with us, please stand up.  Thank you.


Herman.  See?  Some of them had a hard time standing up.


Bennie.    Yeah, but you know what?  We're really lucky to have a church like this that would
                 help us to go to places like Tennessee.


George.   We sure are!


Herman.  What church is that?


Bennie.    FIRST BAPTIST, Herman!  They've helped us through prayer and financial support.


George.   And don't forget those great cookies.


Bennie.   Yes, and the cookies.  But the main thing we wanted to do tonight is to thank the church
                for letting us go.


George.   I'll never forget the children's faces.


Bennie.   And the closeness we all felt toward God.


Herman.  I wish I could remember.


George.   Well, Herman, to help you remember, and for those other folks to see--we are all going
                to share some of our experiences in Bible School.  Right now, Rebecca McPhail and
                Joel Jones are going to speak to us and we're going to have slides.


Bennie.   Yeah, it's going to be great.


Herman.  These are great days.


George.   Herman!  C'mon y'all, let's go get a seat down front.  I don't want to miss a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment