Thursday, July 24, 2014

Love is Pretending, 1991

I ran into a girl I knew
 A dozen years ago,
She looked at me as if to smile
 Or even say hello,
I couldn't think of her name
 As I looked her way,
She opened her mouth as if to speak
 But she had nothing to say.


I wasn't sure she'd remember me
 Since it had been so many years,
She had left me for another
 And I had cried a lot of tears,
The voice I spoke that day
 Was shaky at best,
I guess you all know the rest.


She pretended she knew me
She pretended she cared
She pretended she love me
Now she was there.


She walked right past me
 And didn't say a word,
I stood and watcher her
 It was all a bit absurd,
If love is pretending, then
 She can't be beat,
I guess I'll know the
 Next time we meet.


She pretended she loved me,
She pretended she cared,
She pretended she liked me,
And all I did was stare.


Maybe I was too shy
 To make the first move,
But she really made me
 Fall into that groove,
If love is pretending, then
 I know it's true,
Because the one I love--
 Is really you.

No comments:

Post a Comment