Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Point of Our Time, 1974

 I believe in equal rights for all.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe that war is wrong, and peace is the answer.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe that corruption in government should be destroyed.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in freedom for all who want to be free.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in sharing the wealth to poor people as well as rich.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in feeding the hungry before going to the moon.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in the freedom of speech, press, assembly, petition, and religion.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in activism.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in privacy, without being subject to impartial investigation by Governmental sources.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe that a person is innocent until proven guilty.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe that a person has the right to protect his property and family from being taken away by governmental controls.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in separation of powers in a democratic government.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in the right to vote.  Does that make me a Communist?  I believe in true Communism.  Does that make me a Communist?
 If all of the above makes me a Communist, then I want to be the best damn Communist that anyone can ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment